These cookies combine two of my favorite things: the salty, creaminess of peanut butter and the nostalgic, treacly flavor of butterscotch. Encased in a crisp coating of sugar is a soft chewy center that melts on the tongue. Be careful not to overbake them to achieve that tantalizing, gooey texture.
- 1/2 stick softened butter
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup melted butterscotch chips
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Melt butterscotch chips in microwave and add melted butterscotch chips and peanut butter to beaten butter and sugars.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined. Using a mini cookie scoop, scoop dough, roll in sugar then place onto baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 5 minutes to solidify the batter (this helps the cookies hold their shape when baking).
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until cookies are cooked through. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.