This salad is perfect for a cold winter night. The warmth of the roasted vegetables and addition of creamy goat cheese and toasted pecans give it a hearty, soulful feel. It’s a meal in itself but also the perfect accompaniment to a bowl of soup.
- 4 cups of mixed greens
- 1 small acorn squash, sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Dressing: 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon dijon, 2 teaspoon humus (season with salt and pepper and shake until combined)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- First, roast the squash. Spray pan with non-stick spray and lay squash in even layer and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast, flipping midway, for 30-45 minutes until golden brown.
- Use the same roasting method for the asparagus but cook 10-20 minutes
- Use the same roasting method for the pecans but cook 8-12 minutes
- Shake dressing ingredients to combine and assemble salad with remaining ingredients.