This soup is the perfect warm and nourishing dish for a chilly night. The squash gives it a natural creaminess while the kiss of chipotle adds a smoky heat. Top it with toasted squash seeds for a crunchy contrast. Squash is packed with nutrients that will sustain your body and warm your soul.
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 large carrots
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- Cube squash and roast in a 400 degree oven for 40-45 minutes or until soft and golden brown.
- In a large saucepan, saute chopped onion, carrots, bell pepper and garlic until soft.
- Add chipotle chilies, salt, pepper, and stock and bring to the boil. Add the cooked squash and reduce to a simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat and add rosemary. Puree the soup in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Serve warm and garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds.