These macaroons are soft and chewy and are packed with coconut goodness. Their slight sweetness isn’t overpowering and complements the nutty warmth of the coconut. They are delicious crumbled onto oatmeal or ice cream. For extra richness, dip in melted chocolate!
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups reduced fat shredded coconut
- In a stand mixer, beat egg whites, salt, and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually beat in agave, sugar, and vanilla.
- Gently fold in shredded coconut.
- Form the mixture into teaspoon sized balls and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned around edges.