This soup is packed with fresh, earthy flavors. The charred peppers lend a rustic smokiness that complements the natural sweetness of the bell peppers and tomatoes. Keep a crusty baguette nearby to sop up every last drop!
- 3 Bell Peppers (red, orange, or yellow)
- 1 cup canned whole tomatoes
- 1/2 medium onion
- 5 baby carrots
- 2 cups chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- To roast peppers: Place the peppers directly onto the burners of a gas stove. Cook the peppers, turning frequently, until they are charred on all sides. Put the peppers into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let them steam for about 15 minutes. Peel and seed the peppers and roughly chop.
- In a medium saucepan, sweat the chopped onions and carrots until translucent.
- Add the onions, carrots, tomatoes, peppers and stock to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return the soup to the saucepan and cook until warmed through. Season with salt and pepper.