I like my blondies and brownies chewy and gooey inside and these definitely don’t disappoint. Crunchy toffee bits and toasted walnuts give them delightful texture that contrasts with the smooth, buttery batter. Sinking your teeth into these blondies almost feels like taking a bite of fudge. You may want to make more than one batch… they disappear quickly!
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped, toasted, walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown butter by melting it over medium heat on the stove until it becomes a golden caramel color.
- Pour the browned butter into a mixer and add the brown sugar. Beat for about four minutes, until creamy. Add the egg and beat until incorporated.
- Mix in the flour, salt and vanilla extract until just combined.
- Fold in the toffee bits and chopped walnuts. Spread out mixture in a greased 8×8 inch pan and bake for 20 minutes, or until edges begin to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Let cool before slicing into squares.