Summertime means an abundance of fresh zucchini, and what better way to use it up than to fold it into a nourishing batch of bread. This loaf is moist and subtly sweet with a hint of banana flavor. With a mere 2 tablespoons of oil, it’s virtually fat free so you can enjoy it guilt-free. I love to toast a slice and smear with a dollop of almond butter for an irresistible and filling snack.
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 banana, smashed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Cream together the first 6 ingredients until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the remaining dry ingredients and slowly add to the wet ingredients.
- Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45- 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.