Sweet potatoes scream fall and this salad showcases them for the quintessential autumn side dish. Succulent bites of sweet potato are mixed with roasted red peppers, grilled corn, green onions, and crunchy jicama for a diversity of flavors and textures. A tangy dressing of balsamic and lime gives the salad a refreshing kick. It’s a big hit at everything from tailgates to holiday parties.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 roasted red peppers, diced
- 2 ears of corn (grilled)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup diced, blanched asparagus
- 1/2 cup diced jicama
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dice the sweet potatoes and roast at 400 degrees for 35-45 minutes.
- Make the dressing: Combine the balsamic, Dijon, lime juice, honey and salt and pepper.
- Toss the vegetables with the dressing and serve.