These bars are perfect for the holidays. They’re moist and subtly sweet with the comforting flavors of pumpkin and spice and tangy bites of dried cranberries. They make a great dessert with a scoop of cinnamon ice cream or even toasted with a cup of coffee for breakfast. Think pumpkin bread in bar form…
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup canola or safflower oil
- One 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and lightly flour two 9 x 13 inch brownie pans.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together the sugar, eggs, and oil in a separate bowl until well blended. Stir in the pumpkin, water and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and stir just until all the ingredients are moist. Stir in cranberries. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared pans and bake 25 – 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of each comes out clean.
- Let rest for 10 to 15 minutes before removing from the pans