These bars are so addictive. They’re the perfect combination of salty and sweet. Buttery saltine crackers are bathed in caramel and finished off with a layer of semi-sweet chocolate and a sprinkle of sea salt. They’re both chewy and crunchy at the same time and don’t require baking so are easy to pull together late at night or when you’re in a pinch. Good luck eating just one.
- 1 box saltines
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- coarse sea salt
- Line 8 x 8″ glass or metal baking pan with foil so that it’s hanging over the edges of the pan. Lightly spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray or grease lightly with vegetable oil or butter.
- Place 15 Club crackers in the bottom of the pan and sprinkle 1/3 cup of the peanut butter chips over the crackers.
- Melt the butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until melted, bubbly around the edges, smooth and creamy.
- Pour 1/3 of this mixture over the crackers and peanut butter chips as evenly as possible.
- Then, add another layer of crackers, peanut butter chips and caramel on top.
- Then, another layer and then finish with a layer of crackers.
- Finally, melt the chocolate chips in a bowl in the microwave with the vegetable oil, stirring in 30 second increments until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Spread this chocolate over the final cracker layer evenly and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Allow to cool and cut into bars.