There’s nothing like a slice of warm pound cake – crispy edges and a soft, buttery center. This one is speckled with dark chocolate chips, but you can add whatever mixins you like. One of my favorite variations is with almonds and Amaretto liqueur. It’s great with a scoop of ice cream or toasted by itself.
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter and flour a loaf pan.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Gradually add in the flour and salt.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into a loaf pan and bake for about an hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.