The marriage of chocolate and peanut butter is one of the most universally popular flavor combinations – there’s something about the creamy mix of salty and sweet. These bars are a spin on a Reeses peanut butter cup with an emphasis on the peanut butter. The graham cracker crumbs give the bars a dense, chewy texture and the dark chocolate layer is sprinkled with sea salt to give the whole bar an addictive richness.
- 2 sleeves graham crackers
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- pinch of sea salt for sprinkling
1) Place the graham crackers in a food processor and grind to fine crumbs.
2) Add the remaining ingredients and process until fully combined.
3) Spread the mixture into a greased 8×8 inch pan.
4) Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave and spread over the peanut butter layer. Sprinkle sea salt over the warm chocolate.
5) Place in the fridge to chill for at least an hour before cutting into bars.