Frittatas are perfect meals for busy weeknights and a great way to use up leftover vegetables and meats. This frittata combines tomatoes ham and cheddar but you can use whatever meat, vegetables and cheese you may have on hand. Warm eggs bind the ingredients together and a dollop of greek yogurt adds a rich creaminess. The eggs, milk, cheese and yogurt all provide great protein and are low in fat and you can bump up the fiber, vitamins and minerals by adding a range of seasonal vegetables.
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 1/2 cup low fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup non-fat milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Whisk eggs, milk and yogurt until combined. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium hight heat.
- Pour in egg mixture and allow to cook over medium heat until just set (about 3 minutes).
- Transfer the entire skillet to the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes or until just cooked through.