These blondies are moist and chewy and speckled with bits of peppermint and chunks of dark chocolate. You can substitute whatever mix-ins you like. They’re perfect for tailgates and graduation parties this time of year because they pack easily and freeze well too.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour minus 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peppermint bits
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl melt the butter, about 1 minute on high power.
- Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don’t scramble it. Add the egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour, corn starch, peppermint bits and salt and stir until just combined, don’t overmix.
- Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- Place the chocolate chunks on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until just set. Allow to cool and cut into bars.